You can display cards and decks on your iOS 14 Home Screen by adding a MFC Deck widgets. The following widgets are available:
- Small Card: Display the small version of a card.
- Medium Card: Display the medium version of a card.
- Large Card: Display the large version of a card.
- Small Deck: One-tap access to a single deck.
- Medium Multiple Decks: One-tap access to up to eight decks.
Adding an MFC Deck Widget
To add an MFC Deck widget to your Home Screen, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Home Screen.
- Long-press on a blank area on the Home Screen.
- Tap the + button in the upper-left hand corner.
- Tap MFC Deck.
- Swipe to the widget you want to add.
- Tap Add Widget.
- Tap the added widget to display a list of options.
- Configure the widget.
- Tap outside the widget to save your changes.
This widget type displays the an MFC Deck card in small, medium, or large sizes. Configurable options include:
- Deck: The deck containing the card you wish to display.
- Card: The card to display.
NOTE: If you change the card’s name or tag, your widget may become unlinked from the card.
This widget type displays a single MFC Deck deck in a small widget.
- Deck: The deck to display.
Tapping on the deck will open it in MFC Deck.
NOTE: If you change the deck’s name, your widget may become unlinked from the deck.
Multiple Decks Widget
This widget type displays up to eight MFC Deck decks in a medium widget.
- Deck #1: The first deck to display.
- Deck #2: The second deck to display.
- Deck #3: The third deck to display.
- Deck #4: The fourth deck to display.
- Deck #5: The fifth deck to display.
- Deck #6: The sixth deck to display.
- Deck #7: The seventh deck to display.
- Deck #8: The eighth deck to display.
Tapping on a deck will open it in MFC Deck.
NOTE: If you change the deck’s name, your widget may become unlinked from the deck. Once configured, you cannot clear a deck from the configurable options section. If you want to remove a deck from the widget, re-create the widget.
Returning to the Home Screen After Running a Widget
When running a widget from the Home Screen, the following things will happen:
- Tap on the widget.
- MFC Deck opens and evaluates the card’s action.
- If the card’s action is to run a shortcut, the Shortcuts application will open. Once the shortcut has completed running, MFC Deck will re-open.
- If the card’s action is to get the contents of a URL, MFC Deck will stay open.
If you wish to return to the Home Screen after running a widget, enable the Return to Home Screen After Widget Run preference in the Edit Card sheet.
NOTE: This feature does not work if you have manually defined your own custom widget URL or custom widget links within the Medium and Large widget sizes.
Documentation Home | Table of Contents