iOS 15 Compatibility: There is a bug in Shortcuts on iOS 15 that prevents syncing of your shortcut library from the Shortcuts to MFC Deck. Until this bug is resolved by Apple (FB9585913), MFC Deck will be unavailable to download from the App Store.
This section covers the various configuration options in MFC Deck’s settings screen.
- Running Shortcuts
- Triggers and Monitoring
- Helper Shortcuts
If you have not yet purchased MFC Deck, the following menu items will be displayed.
Start 14-Day Trial
Try for free MFC Deck Premium for 14 days. At the end of the trial period, the app will still be usable, but you will no longer have access to MFC Deck Premium features such as custom album layouts, the Trigger Server, and custom icons.
Unlock MFC Deck Premium
For a single In-App Purchase, unlock all the features of MFC Deck.
If you’ve installed MFC Deck on another iOS or iPadOS device, restore your Premium features by choosing this option.
If you have purchased MFC Deck Premium, a Tip Jar menu option will appear. Use it to contribute further to the development of MFC Deck or to show your appreciation to the developer.
Set the default deck. Any card request that has not been matched by either the specified or current deck will be evaluated on the default deck. If a card match is found, the card in the default deck will be executed.
Remember Last Deck Opened
Opens MFC Deck to the last deck opened after application termination.
Enable Double-Tap Gestures
When enabled, this allows double-tapping of a card to edit it. If disabled, you will be required to long-press on a card to display a context-menu, wherein you can choose Edit Card to edit the card.
Tap + to Create Quick Card
The + button in the Cards view of a Deck can be configured to perform one of two actions:
- Create Quick Card: Creates a blank card in the current deck.
- Create and Configure Card: Displays the new card sheet.
By default, tapping + creates a new quick card. This is useful if you want to create multiple cards at a time. Disabling it is useful if you like to make cards one at a time and wish to configure the card immediately.
All cards have corresponding tags associated with them. Enabling this feature allows you to create, edit, and manage tags throughout MFC Deck.
This is useful if you are using NFC Tags and want to assign a set of cards to a particular tag.
Assign a keyboard shortcut to a deck.
The ability to add a keyboard shortcut to run a shortcut will be removed from a future beta of MFC Deck. It will be replaced by the ability to run a card.
Allows notifications to be sent from MFC Deck when evaluating a card.
Default Notification Level
Choose from one of four notification level settings for newly created cards.
- Don’t Show: Do nothing when a card action is run.
- Show on Success: Display a notification only if the card has run.
- Show on Failure: Display a notification only when there is an error preventing the card from running (e.g. it is not permitted to run on the weekends).
- Show All: Display a notification on success or failure.
Tap this link to open up the iOS Settings application and focused on MFC Deck settings.
Remember the search terms entered while viewing a deck or choosing shortcuts.
Focus on Search in Shortcuts Tab
Raise the keyboard immediately when switching to the Shortcuts tab.
Disable Auto-Correction in Search
Turn off auto-correct in search fields to allow the MsgFiler-search algorithm to functional more accurately and efficiently.
This section control show certain user interface elements look on screen in MFC Deck.
Set the colors of your cards to to the colors from iOS 12, 13, or 14.
Navigation Bar Title Style
Choose how large or small the navigation title will appear to the user.
Show Deck Labels
Display additional information about a deck’s options in the Decks screen:
- Passthrough: A red hand symbol indicates passthrough is disabled for the deck. A purple box with double arrows means passthrough is enabled.
- Edit Mode: A gray hammer indicates edit mode is enabled on the deck. Tapping on a card will edit it. Double-tapping will run a card.
Choose a custom application icon for MFC Deck.
In order for MFC Deck to run a shortcut, it must first open the Shortcuts application. If the shortcut finishes without error, it will re-open MFC Deck.
Don’t Reopen for These Shortcuts
This is a user-supplied list of shortcuts that should not try to return back to the MFC Deck application after completion.
You can add or remove shortcuts from the block list by long-pressing on a shortcut and choosing the Add to Excluded Shortcuts menu option. To remove it from the block list, long-press on the shortcut and choose Remove from Excluded Shortcuts.
Triggers and Monitoring
- Enable Trigger Monitoring: This must be on if you want to make use of the Trigger Monitoring Server.
- Monitoring Interval: How often the server should wait before executing a card.
- Disable Screen Locks: Prevents the screen from going to sleep while the server is active and in the foreground.
- Reset Interval After Running: Some shortcuts may take a long time to complete. Enabling this ensures that the server will wait the time specified in the monitoring interval before running another shortcut.
- Evaluate Triggers When Running Cards: If enabled, this will cause MFC Deck to evaluate all active triggers every time a card’s action is executed. If you have a lot of triggers, this process may delay the execution of the card, as the trigger evaluation happens at the beginning. An error during trigger evaluation may also prevent your card from running. This setting is turned off by default.
Useful shortcuts for getting the most of our MFC Deck and for learning how to make awesome looking widgets.
- MFC Deck Helper: Primary helper shortcut for MFC Deck. Required to sync a listing of your shortcuts into MFC Deck.
- MFC Deck Triggers: Required to use the Trigger Monitoring feature.
- MFC Deck Autocuts: Run decks automatically when opening apps on your iOS device.
- MFC Deck Grid Creator: Create a grid-style deck suitable for use with NFC tags.
- MFC Deck Key Command: Send keystrokes and keyboard shortcuts to a remote macOS computer.
- View Documentation: Opens an in-app browser to the documentation you are viewing now.
- Club Shortcuts Mailing List: Sign up for a low-volume mailing list discussing MFC Deck, shortcuts, and other automation topics.
- Feedback: Send an email about MFC Deck to the creators.
- Twitter: Visit the Twitter account for @mfcdeck
- Website: Visit the MFC Deck website.
- Tip Jar: Like MFC Deck? Send a tip to the developer.
- Rate MFC Deck: Rate MFC Deck on the App Store. Hope you give it a five star rating and review!
- About: Displays the about page for MFC Deck, including the current version and build number.
- Licenses: Displays the third-party software licenses used by MFC Deck.
- Version History: See the version history for MFC Deck.
- Disable Shortcut Sync: If you choose to have different shortcuts between your iOS devices, you will want to disable the shortcut sync.
- Show Extra Card Actions: Additional card are made available when viewing a deck, including the ability to create multiple cards at a time or to add cards based on existing tags to a deck.
- Show Card Element Borders: Enable this to assist with the development of your MFC Deck Card Result JSON objects. This displays borders around displayed elements in a card.
This section allows you to reset MFC Deck.
Resets MFC Deck’s settings and redisplays the setup screen. This will revert all preferences to their default settings.
Settings that are synced across your iOS devices will be removed, including the following:
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Quick Decks
Resetting MFC Deck does not delete the references to shortcuts in MFC Deck, so you will not have to perform a sync using MFC Deck Helper. None of your decks, cards, tags, triggers, or images will be affected.
Erase All Content and Settings
Resets MFC Deck’s settings and erases all MFC Deck information, including your decks, cards, tags, triggers, images, and shortcut references. You will need to recreate everything, along with performing a sync using MFC Deck Helper in order to see shortcuts in MFC Deck again.
This operation cannot be undone. This does not affect any of your shortcuts on your iOS device, only their references in MFC Deck.
Clear Shortcut References
Deletes the MFC Deck shortcuts database. After doing this, you will need to perform an Update Shortcuts operation in order to see your shortcuts in MFC Deck.
NOTE: This does not affect any of your shortcuts on your iOS device, only their references in MFC Deck.
Documentation Home | Table of Contents